How to Contact Your Camper & Our Staff
During summer camp, there are lots of ways you can stay in touch with your camper. See below for some ideas!
TO CALL OUR STAFF OR CAMP: 415-392-7080
- While campers cannot use the phone or receive calls, if you have any questions or concerns about your child, feel free to call 415-392-7080 to speak with your child’s rosh eidah (unit head), who will return your message within 24 hours.
- Please know that if any concern arises, we will be in touch immediately.
- During Shabbat (Friday evening to Saturday evening), the office is closed. All voicemails will be checked often and returned as soon as
TO VIEW PHOTOS –OR– TO SEND ONE-WAY EMAIL TO YOUR CAMPER:
- Log in to your CampInTouch account using the same login you used to register for camp. CampInTouch is the same system you used to register for camp. Their secure, easy to use website service lets you send Bunk Notes (one-way e-mails) to your camper, as well as view and purchase session
- Emails you sent through CampInTouch will be printed daily at 10am and handed out at the following lunch time (except for during Shabbat on Saturday).
Please note: CampInTouch is an outside service; Camp Newman does not profit from any photos/emails your purchase. CampInTouch F.A.Q.s: urjnewman.campintouch.com/Help2007
TO SEND A LETTER TO/FROM YOUR CAMPER
There’s nothing more exciting than mail time at camp! We strongly encourage both you and your camper to write each other regularly. Your camper wants to hear from you!
- For campers to send a letter to friends & family: You must pack stamps, envelopes, paper, and pens (these are NOT sold at camp). For younger children, try giving them pre-addressed and pre-stamped envelopes or postcards.
- For parents, friends & family to send a letter to campers: Address mail to: Camper’s Name, Camp Newman – Session Name, 1 Morrow Cove, Vallejo, CA 94590. And don’t forget to include your return address! Please note – this address is different than the location address!
NEW POLICY – NO PACKAGES!
- What’s NOT allowed:
No boxes or large mailing envelopes of any size
No bubble or padded envelopes
- What’s allowed:
Standard #10 size business envelope (4-1/8″ x 9-1/2″)
Standard greeting card (e.g., 4-1/4” x 5.5” or 5” x 7”)
8-1/2” X 11” (or 9” x12”) flat envelopes
Of course, we understand that sometimes sending items to camp will be necessary. To ensure that your child has everything they need while at camp:
- Any forgotten items such as soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc., will be supplied by camp. If you child runs out of any of these items while at camp, we will make sure they have enough for the entirety of their session.
- If your child loses an item or something breaks, such as a hairdryer or a bathing suit, we will get in touch with you directly so you can send a replacement to camp.
- If your child has forgotten or needs an essential item such as a security blanket, shoes, jacket, or a retainer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE sending any package to camp and await a reply before sending the package. Note that this will be done on an exception-only basis. Unless we know a package is coming, we will refuse to accept it at camp.
- Full-summer campers (Avodah and CIT) had specific guidelines sent to them separately.
More Ways to Stay Connected!
There are lots of other ways to stay updated with Newman during summer – and all year long! Click here for more info!