How to Contact Your Camper & Our Staff
During summer camp, there are lots of ways you can stay in touch with your camper. See below for some ideas!
TO CALL OUR STAFF OR CAMP: 415-392-7080
- While campers cannot use the phone or receive calls, if you have any questions or concerns about your child, feel free to call 415-392-7080 to speak with your child’s rosh eidah (unit head), who will return your message within 24 hours.
- Please know that if any concern arises, we will be in touch immediately.
- During Shabbat (Friday evening to Saturday evening), the office is closed. All voicemails will be checked often and returned as soon as
TO VIEW PHOTOS –OR– TO SEND ONE-WAY EMAIL TO YOUR CAMPER:
- Log in to your CampInTouch account using the same login you used to register for camp. CampInTouch is the same system you used to register for camp. Their secure, easy to use website service lets you send Bunk Notes (one-way e-mails) to your camper, as well as view and purchase session
- Emails you sent through CampInTouch will be printed daily at 10am and handed out at the following lunch time (except for during Shabbat on Saturday).
Please note: CampInTouch is an outside service; Camp Newman does not profit from any photos/emails your purchase. CampInTouch F.A.Q.s: urjnewman.campintouch.com/Help2007
TO SEND A LETTER TO/FROM YOUR CAMPER
There’s nothing more exciting than mail time at camp! We strongly encourage both you and your camper to write each other regularly. Your camper wants to hear from you!
- For campers to send a letter to friends & family: You must pack stamps, envelopes, paper, and pens (these are NOT sold at camp). For younger children, try giving them pre-addressed and pre-stamped envelopes or postcards.
- For parents, friends & family to send a letter to campers: Address mail to: Camper’s Name, Camp Newman – Session Name, 1 Morrow Cove, Vallejo, CA 94590. And don’t forget to include your return address! Please note – this address is different than the location address!
TO SEND A NON-FOOD CARE PACKAGE
- Do not send food, drink, candy or gum – it will be confiscated & donated!
Our no-food policy helps us ensure that we don’t expose a camper to food that they’re allergic to. To ensure everyone’s safety, all food sent will be confiscated and donated. Please make sure to tell friends and relatives about this policy, too, as we dislike having to confiscate grandma’s homemade cookies!
- Please limit your packages to one per week.
More Ways to Stay Connected!
There are lots of other ways to stay updated with Newman during summer – and all year long! Click here for more info!