About the Fund
In February of 2014, the Camp community lost a dear friend, Mark Levy z”l. Mark and his wife, Peachy, have had a profound and lasting impact on the lives of our campers for decades. Because of their generosity, URJ Camp Newman has been able to offer scholarships to many campers in need. While we mourn Mark’s passing and cherish his memory, we are grateful that his incredible legacy will live on through Peachy and her continued dedication to Reform Judaism and our movement’s youth.
With the Peachy & Mark Levy Youth Scholarship Fund for Camp Newman Summer Sessions, URJ Camp Newman will continue to offer a limited number of $400 scholarships to assist families residing within the Pacific Southwest who are members of a Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) congregation with the cost of a URJ Camp Newman summer session.
Funds are distributed on a first come-first served basis and subsidies are not guaranteed for every applicant. Letters of Confirmation will be sent to all applicant families following receipt of application.
- Applicant families must reside in the Pacific Southwest and be members in good standing of URJ (Union for Reform Judaism) congregations within the URJ Pacific Southwest Council and located in Southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, Las Vegas, Nevada or El Paso, Texas.
- Applications must be for assistance to attend a URJ Camp Newman summer session.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a URJ Camp Newman summer session.
- Applicants must complete the application online (see below)
- Applicants must hand-write a personal thank you note to Peachy Levy upon receiving confirmation that a scholarship discount has been awarded.
Who Should Apply?
Scholarship funding for camp continues to be limited. The Levy Scholarship Fund is intended for families who consider themselves in need of assistance in sending their children to URJ Camp Newman. While proof of need is not required, families are asked to take into consideration their need as compared to the need of others.
How To Apply
Families complete the online Peachy Levy scholarship application for each child.
If a camper is awarded a grant from the Levy Fund, parents of the applicant will receive a confirmation letter via email stating so. The grants will be sent directly to URJ Camp Newman.
If Camp registration has already been paid in full, families will receive a refund for the scholarship amount from URJ Camp Newman.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Registrar, Kim Press (415-991-0259; email@example.com), if you have questions or need help with the application.