We look forward to welcoming you to URJ Camp Newman! Please check the dates below for when we welcome visitors to camp.
Visitor Policies – Please read before registering!
- Visitor registration is required for security reasons and so we can have ample food.
- Parents: You may not have a child/grandchild/relative in session during your visit because this can make other children feel sad and cause problems in the cabins. (Exceptions are special parent events for our teen sessions, Hevrah, Hagigah, Avodah & CIT.) We are happy to accommodate your visit, with your child(ren), at another time!
- If you are under 18: You must be accompanied by a parent or guardian AT ALL TIMES while you visit camp. If you arrive at our gate without your own parent present, sadly we will not be able to welcome you into camp. Please email at AYoakum@urj.org for prior approval.
- Camp is a NUT-FREE facility.
- Visitor donations: To ensure every dollar is spent creating an amazing summer for our campers, we ask each visitor to contribute at least $36 per person (children under 15 free) to help cover the cost of your visit. After you register, we will direct you to our donation page. Or click here to DONATE NOW!
- For questions or problems while registering: Please email AYoakum@urj.org.
Summer Visitor Dates
For Synagogue Visitors: We invite synagogues and their communities to visit us on specific dates during the summer. Please check with your synagogue. If your synagogue is invited on a date when your child is in session at camp, we strongly discourage your attendance for that visit.
The following dates are confirmed for Summer 2017. Registration will be available soon – please check back.
|DATE||VISITOR EVENT NAME||VISITOR INVITEES|
|Friday, June 30||Friends of camp||Synagogue Visitors | Youth Professionals & Community Leaders | Donors & Legacy Members | Board Members & Guests | Alumni | Staff Friends/Family|
|Friday, July 7||Friends of camp||Synagogue Visitors | Youth Professionals & Community Leaders | Donors & Legacy Members | Board Members & Guests | Alumni | Staff Friends/Family|
|Thursday, July 13||Hagigah Festival||Hagigah Family Members | Board Members & Guests | Community Leaders|
|Friday, July 14||Hagigah and board Shabbat||Hagigah Family Members | Board Members & Guests | Member of the 2007 CIT Class|
|Sunday, July 16||70th Anniversary Celebration||Alumni & all friends of camp are invited!|
CIT countdown is going to be incorporated into the 70th alumni event. More details to follow.
|Friday, July 21||Legacy Society Shabbat||Legacy Society Members | Synagogue Visitors | Youth Professionals & Community Leaders | Donors | Board Members & Guests | Alumni | Staff Friends/Family|
|Friday, July 28||CIT & Avodah Family Shabbat||CIT & Avodah Parents & Families | Synagogue visitors|
|Saturday, July 29||CIT & Avodah Family Visit||CIT & Avodah Parents & Families | Board Members|
|Friday, August 4||Camp Shabbat||Synagogue Visitors | Youth Professionals & Community Leaders | Donors & Legacy Members | Board Members & Guests | Alumni | Staff Friends/Family|
|Sunday, August 6||Hevrah Festival||Hevrah Parents & Families | Community Leaders | Board Members|