We look forward to welcoming you to URJ Camp Newman! Please check the dates below for when we welcome visitors to camp.
Visitor Policies – Please read before registering!
- Visitor registration is required for security reasons and so we can have ample food.
- Parents: You may not have a child/grandchild/relative in session during your visit because this can make other children feel sad and cause problems in the cabins. (Exceptions are special parent events for our teen sessions, Hevrah, Hagigah, Avodah & CIT.) We are happy to accommodate your visit, with your child(ren), at another time!
- If you are under 18: You must be accompanied by a parent or guardian AT ALL TIMES while you visit camp. If you arrive at our gate without your own parent present, sadly we will not be able to welcome you into camp. Please email at AYoakum@urj.org for prior approval.
- Camp is a NUT-FREE facility.
- Visitor donations: To ensure every dollar is spent creating an amazing summer for our campers, we ask each visitor to contribute at least $36 per person (children under 18 free) to help cover the cost of your visit. After you register, we will direct you to our donation page. Or click here to DONATE NOW!
- For questions or problems while registering: Please email AYoakum@urj.org.
Summer Visitor Dates
For Synagogue Visitors: We invite synagogues and their communities to visit us on specific dates during the summer. Please check with your synagogue. If your synagogue is invited on a date when your child is in session at camp, we strongly discourage your attendance for that visit.
The following dates are confirmed for Summer 2017. Registration will be available soon – please check back.
|DATE||VISITOR EVENT NAME||VISITOR INVITEES|
|Friday, June 30||Friends of camp||Synagogue Visitors, Youth Professionals, Board Members Guests, Donors, Community Leaders & Staff Families|
|Friday, July 7||Friends of camp||Board Members Guests, Synagogue Visitors, Donors & Community Leaders, Legacy Members, Staff Families|
|Sunday, July 9||Avodah Countdown||Avodah Alumni and Other Invited Guests|
|Thursday, July 13||Hagigah Festival||Hagigah Family Members, Community Leaders & Board Members|
|Friday, July 14||Alumni Shabbat||Alumni visitors | Synagogue visitors | Board Members (optional)|
|Sunday, July 16||70th Anniversary Celebration||Alumni & all friends of camp are invited!|
|Friday, July 21||Legacy Society Shabbat||Legacy Society Members | Staff Families & Synagogues|
|Friday, July 28||CIT & Avodah Family Shabbat||CIT & Avodah Parents | Synagogue visitors|
|Saturday, July 29||CIT & Avodah Family Visit||CIT & Avodah Parents | Board Members|
|Friday, August 4||Camp Shabbat||Synagogue Visitors, Board Member Guests & Community Leaders|
|Sunday, August 6||Hevrah Festival||Hevrah Families, Community Leaders & other visitors|