Calling All Alumni! Come Back Home … to Porter Creek & Cal Maritime!
2019 Alumni Shabbat & CIT Countdown
Friday, June 28 & Saturday, June 29
You and your family are invited to Camp for Friday evening Shabbat festivities, including services, dinner, and our Shabbat Shira dance party, followed by a special Alumni Oneg and Siyum closing circle.
Saturday Morning (choose from two options)
- OPTION #1: Alumni Experience at Our Porter Creek home in Santa Rosa. Tour camp and participate in a healing art project as a community.
- OPTION #2: T’fillah with Avodah & CIT Campers at Cal Maritime in Vallejo: Participate in t’fillah with our current Avodah and CIT campers!
Wear your CIT, staff or camp shirt and join us for our traditional CIT Countdown! Feel free to bring any old camp shirts or memorabilia for us to display, as well as musical instruments and lyrics so you can join the jam sessions.
For full schedule, see below.
Milestone Reunions happening THIS SUMMER:
- CITs of 2009 – Ten year reunion!
- CITs of 1999 – Twenty year reunion!
- CITs of 1989 – Thirty year reunion!
- Staff of 1994– Where are you 25 Years Later? Come Visit Camp!
- CITs of 1979 – Forty year reunion!
- CITs of 1969 – Fifty year reunion! Wow! 50 YEARS for the campers and staff of 1968 – Come Celebrate!
Have You Visited Our Alumni Page?
See what your camp friends have been up to these past few years and view our Gallery of photos from our 70th Celebration and from past reunions! Click here to visit the Alumni page now!
Important Visitor Information
Friday, June 28 – Alumni Shabbat*
* This is the schedule from 2018; the 2019 schedule will be updated closer to event
- 4:30 p.m. Welcome to Camp! GATES OPEN for visitors & Optional Tours – Please do not arrive early, because our staff won’t be ready for visitors and our security team will need to ask you to leave and return later. Parking is free on Friday only.
- 5:00 p.m. Directors’ Reception
- 5:20 p.m. Kabbalat Shabbat / Staff & Guest Circle
- 5:40 p.m. Shabbat Services
- 6:40 p.m. Dinner, singing and dancing
- 9:00 p.m. Laila tov / Good night!
- For our Alumni Reunion Visitors ONLY:
- 9:15 p.m. Special Alumni Oneg
- 10:00 p.m. Alumni Siyum and Closing Circle
Saturday, July 29 – CIT Countdown & Alumni Schedule
10am-12pm: Choose one of two options:
OPTION 1: Alumni Experience at Porter Creek Location: 4088 Porter Creek Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Reunite with your alumni friends to tour camp and participate in a healing art project as a community. Then leave camp for lunch and return to Cal Maritime for CIT Countdown. Bring your own water bottle and make sure to wear sturdy shoes and sunscreen. Water stations and light snacks will be available.
OPTION 2: T’fillah with Avodah & CIT Campers at Cal Maritime Location: Cal Maritime, 200 Maritime Academy Dr., Vallejo, CA 94590
Reunite with your alumni friends to participate in t’fillah with our current Avodah and CIT campers! Then leave camp for lunch and return to Cal Maritime for CIT Countdown. Bring your own water bottle (water stations will be available) and make sure to wear sunscreen.
12:00pm – Depart Camp and enjoy lunch offsite with your friends. See our Vallejo Guide for suggestions.
2:15pm – Return to Cal Maritime
2:30pm – CIT Countdown
4:15pm – Shalom / Farewell!
PARKING AT CAL MARITIME
Please note that on Friday, parking is free of charge. On Saturday, you must purchase a parking permit at the yellow boxes in Lots A & B or risk getting a ticket.
What to Wear
- Very casual clothing is encouraged.
- Wear your CIT, staff or camp shirt!
- Shoes – REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES AT CAMP! Solid Sandals or closed-toed shoes are best for our uneven terrain. NO FLIP-FLOPS. Camp is very firm about this rule. Your shoes MUST cover your toes and/or be securely strapped to your foot.
Visiting Our Region
Welcome to #NewmanbytheBay!
We are delighted to welcome you to URJ Camp Newman’s 2019 home: Cal Maritime. For directions, click here. Our Camp is located in Vallejo, within a short drive from the Wine Country, San Francisco and Oakland. See our Vallejo Region Guide for recommendations of places to dine, shop and explore.