Parents and family of Our 2018 Hevrah Campers and Community Leaders! You are warmly invited to our annual…
2018 Hevrah Festival!
Come to URJ Camp Newman for the 2018 Hevrah Festival and see and learn about the important work your amazing campers have been doing! Every year, Hevrah focuses on a vital social justice theme. (To watch the 2016 Hevrah video, click here. To watch videos from the 2015 Hevrah Festival, click here.) Hevrah campers do great work to ensure that their mark is forever left in the Hevrah program’s legacy of pursuing meaningful change in the world. We hope to see the families of all our Hevrah campers this summer!
This year’s festivities will include:
- A Special Welcome Reception with the Camp Directors & Your Camper’s Rashim & Counselors
- Dinner with all the Hevrah Families
- The Festival!
Sunday, August 6 – Hevrah Festival – FINAL SCHEDULE
- 5 p.m. Arrive and Welcome Reception – meet our camp directors and Hevrah Rashim and counselors! (cheese and crackers and fruit)
- 5:30 p.m. T’fillah Services with your teens!
- 6:15 p.m. Parent’s Program
- 7:00 p.m. Dinner with your teens (compass room)
- 8:00 p.m. Hevrah Festival (Rizza)
- 8:45 p.m. Siyum– Join your teen for our nightly closing circle
- 9:00 p.m. Laila Tova/ Good night! Parents depart
What to Wear
- Very casual clothing is encouraged.
- Shoes – REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES AT CAMP! Solid Sandals or closed-toed shoes are best for our uneven terrain. NO FLIP-FLOPS. Camp is very firm about this rule. Your shoes MUST cover your toes and/or be securely strapped to your foot.
Visiting Our Region
Welcome to #NewmanbytheBay!
We are delighted to welcome you to URJ Camp Newman’s 2018 home: Cal Maritime. For directions, click here. Our Camp is located in Vallejo, within a short drive from the Wine Country, San Francisco and Oakland. See our Vallejo Region Guide for recommendations of places to dine, shop and explore.
Visitor Policies - READ BEFORE REGISTERING!
Visitor Policies – Please read before registering!
- Visitor registration is required for security reasons and so we can have ample food.
- Parents: With the exception of parents/families of Hevrah campers, you may not have a child/grandchild/relative in session during your visit because this can make other children feel sad and cause problems in the cabins. We are happy to accommodate your visit, with your child(ren), at another time!
- If you are under 18: You must be accompanied by a parent or guardian AT ALL TIMES while you visit camp. If you arrive at our gate without your own parent present, sadly we will not be able to welcome you into camp. Please email email@example.com with questions.
- Camp is a NUT-FREE facility.
- Visitor fee: To cover the additional costs we incur for visitor’s food, parking and staffing, and to ensure every dollar is spent creating an amazing summer for our campers, all visitors must register and pay a $48 per person fee (children under 15 free).
- You will be asked for your payment information when you fill out the registration form.
- For questions or problems while registering: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.