Welcome to Vallejo!
We are delighted to welcome you to URJ Camp Newman’s summer home, located on the bayside campus of California State University Maritime Academy in Vallejo, California. Vallejo is just a short drive from the wine country, the east bay and San Francisco. To enhance your visit to our enchanting region, we have put together the following list of recommendations.
Sights to See
Where to hang out
(14 minutes south of camp) Richmond
Hilltop Mall: 2200 Hilltop Mall Rd, Richmond, CA
(24 minutes south from camp) Berkeley
Destination with lots of restaurants and shops, just off of Highway I-80: 4th Street, Berkeley, 94710
University of California – 2227 Piedmont Avenue, Berkeley – tour the campus or walk around the outlying area for fun shops, theater, restaurants and more
(17 minutes east from camp) Benicia
Starbucks: 90 Solano Square, Benicia, CA 94510
Double Rainbow: 560 1st St A105, Benicia, CA 94510
Cute town with lots of options.
(10 minutes northwest from camp) Panama Coffee at Vallejo Ferry Building
289 Mare Island Way, Vallejo, CA 94590
(14 minutes north from camp) Mall with tons of options: 105 Plaza Dr, Vallejo, CA 94591
They have a movie theater, Chevy’s, Ulta, Michael’s, Jamba Juice, Marshall’s, Bed Bath & Beyond….
Where to Stay
Vacation Home Rentals
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Spa Napa Valley – American Canyon – Just 8 miles from Napa and offers dining and spa option (about 15 minutes from camp)
- Springhill Suites Napa Valley – Just minutes from Napa and only about 25 minutes from camp
- Milliken Creek Inn & Spa – An elegant Napa hotel in California’s esteemed wine country (about 35 minutes from camp)
- Berkeley City Club – A boutique and historic hotel in the heart of Berkeley (about 30 minutes from camp)
- Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley – Located directly across the street from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (about 10 minutes from camp)
- Best Western Plus Heritage Inn – Located in the neighboring city of Benicia (about 15 minutes from camp)
- Courtyard by Marriott Richmond Berkeley – Centrally located hotel convenient to Berkeley (about 15 minutes to camp)
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Napa American Canyon – At the gateway to Napa and only 15 minutes to camp
On a Budget
On a Budget
- Motel 6 Vallejo – Budget hotel just steps from the Cal Maritime campus (about 3 minutes from camp)
- Regency Inn Vallejo – Budget hotel near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (about 15 minutes from camp)
- Quality Inn near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom – Napa Valley – Budget hotel near Sic Flags Discovery Kingdom (about 10 minutes from camp)