Discounts, Grants & Scholarships
Our community is helping to make camp more affordable than ever. See how to apply below!
- Early bird discount of $200 off if you register by Dec 20th.
- First-time camper grants of up to $1,000 off! PLUS: Additional $200 off for 2-week sessions and $300 off for 4-week sessions.
- Second-year camper grants of up to $300 off!
- Small Communities Grant of $300 for 1st time campers
- Multi-session discount of $250 off (applies if you register your camper for more than 1 session at Camp Newman, or 1 session at Camp Newman plus 1 session at 6 Points Sports California or Sci-Tech Academy West)
- Sibling discounts: $100 for second camper, $150 for each additional sibling
- Unlimited congregation scholarship match
Our goal is to make camp affordable for every family. We believe so much in the transformative power of camp that we are committed to helping you find every discount, scholarship, and grant you qualify for and to making the application process easy and confidential.
Questions? Please contact our registrar Kim Press, who is ready to answer all of your questions and help you with the application process: KPress@urj.org or call 415-991-0259.
To read more about the power of camp, click here.
- Early bird discount of $200 off if you register by December 20th. Automatically applied.
- Multi-session discount of $250 off. Applied after registration is confirmed. Discount applies if you register your camper for more than 1 session at Camp Newman, or 1 session at Camp Newman plus 1 session at 6 Points Sports California or Sci-Tech Academy West.
- Sibling discounts: $100 for second camper, $150 for each additional sibling. Applied after registration is confirmed.
- First-time camper grants of up to $1,000 off! Refer to “How to Apply” section below.
- Additional first-time camper grants of$200 off for 2-week sessions and $300 off for 4-week sessions. Applied after registration is confirmed.
- Second-year camper incentive grants of up to $300 off! Applied after registration is confirmed.
- Small Communities Grant of $300 for 1st time campers. Please email our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you qualify.
Tuition Assistance & Deadlines
Tuition Assistance Available
- Unlimited congregational scholarship match. Apply directly to your congregation.
- URJ Camp Newman Scholarship Fund. See tab below on “how to apply” starting in January 2018.
- Additional community scholarships available. See tab below on “how to apply” starting in January 2018.
Starting in November 2017: Apply to other available funding sources (see “How to Apply” tab for resources).
January 2018: We will post the application here in January. (Can only be submitted AFTER your child is enrolled in camp, your deposit is received, and you’ve applied to other available resources – see below.)
April 2, 2018: Deadline for submitting Camp Newman Scholarship Application.
After April 2 – Some scholarships are still available. Please contact Kim Press for information.
May 2018: For those who applied before April 2, Camp Newman scholarships are awarded in the first week of May.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
How to Apply
Follow these easy steps to apply!
REGISTER YOUR CHILD FOR CAMP NEWMAN
If you plan to send your child to Camp Newman, Register them now! Don’t wait until you hear about scholarships – there may not be any space left by then! Please note that you’ll need to register & pay a deposit before filling out the Camp Newman Scholarship Application, which will be available on our website starting in January 2018.
Please note that we expect families to approach any and all funding sources available before applying to Camp Newman for aid.
APPLY FOR A FIRST-TIME CAMPER INCENTIVE
If your child will be attending Camp Newman for the first time, you may be eligible to receive a first-time incentive grant! Incentives are available nationwide, with various conditions and amounts. Please contact our Registrar, Kim Press (firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-392-7080) to see if you are eligible. If so, she will provide you with details on how to apply.
DETERMINE WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD & BEGIN PAYMENTS
We expect families to help contribute for camp as a demonstration of your commitment to the camp experience. This also factors in your favor when applying for other financial aid. Make plans to pay what you can afford, and begin making regular payments as soon as you can.
APPLY TO ALL AVAILABLE LOCAL COMMUNITY SOURCES
Did you know that most congregations have scholarship and discretionary funds available to help send children to Camp Newman? For Summer 2018, we are also offering a 100% congregational match! Contact your Rabbi, Cantor, Educator, and/or Congregational President. They will inform you of the congregation’s application requirements.
Many community-based Jewish organizations also have camp scholarship programs. Contact your local or regional Jewish Federation, or other Jewish family-servicing organization to find out about availability. Please note: If you are in the East Bay or San Francisco Federation regions, please fill out the Camp Newman Scholarship application – see Step 6.
REACH OUT TO FAMILY & FRIENDS
Be willing to ask! Every member of a child’s support network – grandparents, aunts & uncles, close family friends – stands to benefit when a child has a transformative experience at camp. That is why they are often so willing to support a child in their family attending camp.
SUBMIT A CAMP NEWMAN SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION (available here Jan 2018)
Available Online: Jan 2018 | Deadline: April 2, 2018 | Award Notification: First week in May
After you have exhausted all available financial resources above, families who still need additional funding should complete a Camp Newman Scholarship Application – which asks for contact and financial information, and a report on how you did in acquiring scholarship dollars from others. We will notify you of our decision by May 15th. Click button to apply now!
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Registrar, Kim Press (415-991-0259; email@example.com), who can walk you through this process!
Thank You to Our Donors
Mark and Peachy Levy Scholarship Fund
JCF Overnight Camp Scholarship Fund
Bernard Hurwitz and Ethel Adler Hurwitz Summer
Camperships Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation
Stuart Brotman Memorial Campership Fund for Child with Special Needs